Digging In: Answering Your Technology Questions
It only takes few minutes to register, install and configure SmartenApps for Tally and enjoy all the benefits of analytics. Here are some tips and answers to commonly asked technology questions to get you started. Please don’t hesitate to contact our Support Team if you need assistance.
What Tally Versions and Devices Does SmartenApps for Tally Support?
- Compatible Browser Versions for Web Portal Access
- Web Browser (latest two versions) – Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
- Compatible Mobile OS Versions for Mobile App Access
- Apple iOS - iOS 8.x and above
- Android - Android 6.x and above
- Compatible OS for Desktop App
- Windows 10 and all future versions
- Compatible Tally Versions
- Tally ERP 9 - release 5 and above
- Tally Prime – You need to enable connectivity by going into Exchange -> Data Synchronization – Client / Server Configuration
How SmartenApps for Tally Works
The SmartenApps for Tally is founded on elegant, simple and secure technology and architecture.
On-premises Tally installation is connected to the Desktop App
Desktop App connects to secured cloud server to push data at predefined frequency
Native mobile app communicates with the cloud server to fetch and display required data, graphs and reports
All interaction and transactions are secure
How do I register for SmartenApps for Tally?
There are four ways to register:
- First time user in the organization – registering from Web
- First time user in the organization – registering from Mobile
- Additional user from organization – registering from Web
- Additional user from organization – registering from Mobile
Follow the instructions provided in the article entitled, ‘SmartenApps for Tally - Registration Process' for detailed information on registering and starting to use SmartenApps for Tally.
Am I required to download the Desktop App?
Yes, you need to download and configure the Desktop App in order to access Tally data in a scheduled manner. See the article entitled, ‘SmartenApps for Tally Desktop App Installation and Configuration Guide'
How Do I Start My Desktop App?
You need to register through SmartenApps for Tally. You cannot register from Desktop App. Download Desktop App and Log in with the same credentials as Web + Mobile App.
You can download Desktop App from here < desktop app download link>
For further assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For answers to installation and configuration questions, see the article entitled, ‘SmartenApps for Tally Desktop App Installation and Configuration Guide’
For answers to registration questions, see the article entitled, ‘SmartenApps for Tally - Registration Process'
Do I always need my Desktop App running to access the latest data?
The Desktop App is not required to run all the time, but it is advisable to keep it running to get the latest data from Tally to your Web and Mobile App. The scheduler built into the Desktop App fetches data automatically at defined intervals and the Mobile App and Web Portal display data updated during last data update.
For data update on cloud, the following is required:
- Scheduler should be set and running
- Tally should be running
- Company(s) should be open in Tally
- Internet should be connected
Access and Use
Is SmartenApps for Tally secure?
Desktop App is a secured data transfer service, and it has secured token-based authentication. SmartenApps for Tally stores minimal data in encrypted format on secured cloud server. Communication between cloud server and the SmartenApps for Tally is secured through HTTPS.
Does SmartenApps for Tally Display Real Time Data?
The last updated data from cloud server is displayed in your Web and Mobile App. If your Desktop App scheduler is set to a shorter frequency, you can see near real-time data on your Web and Mobile App.
Can I access Tally data on SmartenApps for Tally Mobile App, while I am offline?
SmartenApps for Tally is not available offline. You must be connected to the internet from your mobile device to view your data.
I have Multiple Companies in my Tally Account. Can I Access Data for All Companies?
You can access all the companies in your Tally instance and see data for a particular company or multiple companies.
I Use Two Tally instances. Can I Access Data from Both Tally instances?
SmartenApps for Tally will fetch data from the Tally instance you have configured in your Desktop App. One Desktop App can be connected to only one Tally instance, so you can only use one Tally instance at a time.
How Many Years of Data Can be Fetched and Analyzed?
The financial year starts from April, e.g. Financial year 19-20 is from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020. There are two options to fetch data in SmartenApps for Tally.
1. Extract from a previous year or extract from the current financial year. Based on the selection the SmartenApps Desktop App will fetch the data from Tally. You can keep a maximum of two financial years for data extraction, e.g., if the current month is Dec 2020 and the user chooses to extract from the previous year and current year, The SmartenApps for Tally Desktop App will fetch data from April 2019 through Dec 2020. If the user chooses an extract from current year, the system will fetch data from Apr 2020 through Dec 2020.
2. For better performance, users can establish the first-time extraction for the previous year, so the Desktop App will fetch data from Apr 2019 through March 2020. Then the user can change the option to extract from the current year to fetch only from April 2020 through Dec 2020 and keep April 2019 through Mar 2020 as is, so only the current year incremental data will be updated and the user will still see the full data from April 2019 through Dec 2020.
Reports and Data Sharing
Can I Create New Reports and Dashboards?
SmartenApps for Tally includes numerous dashboards, KPI and reports, available out-of-the-box to all users. We do not provide the tools for users to create new reports or dashboards, but if your organization has additional requirements, contact our support team at email@example.com to discuss the possibility of adding a new report to satisfy your needs and benefit other users.
Can I Provide Access to Colleagues and Control the Data They Can See?
Yes, you can provide an access and control to your colleagues.
Refer to the Desktop App User Manual <link for desktop app user manual> for more details on how the first user (Admin) and additional users can access SmartenApps for Tally
Existing Users of ElegantJ BI for Tally Mobile App
I am an Existing ElegantJ BI for Tally Mobile App Client. Do I have to upgrade to SmartenApps for Tally?
As of April2021, we will no longer license, provide or support the ElegantJ BI for Tally Mobile App solution. Existing users of the ElegantJ BI for Tally Mobile App product must upgrade to the SmartenApps for Tally solution.
The SmartenApps for Tally upgrade is available at no additional cost to existing ElegantJ BI for Tally Mobile App users. If you are an existing ElegantJ BI for Tally Mobile App user, we offer a courtesy upgrade to a combined Web + Mobile App plan. User credentials will be transferred to the new platform, so there is no need to register again.
During the remainder of the current subscription period, existing ElegantJ BI for Tally Mobile App users will continue to pay the same subscription fees with no additional cost for access to the Web + Mobile App versions of SmartenApps for Tally. When the current subscription plan expires, users will be charged at the then current pricing for Web + Mobile App, and if the user wishes, they can downgrade the plan to Web Only or Mobile Only.
As an Existing ElegantJ BI for Tally Mobile App User, How Do I Download SmartenApps for Tally and Upgrade My Account?
To upgrade to SmartenApps for Tally, existing ElegantJ BI for Tally Mobile App users must:
- Login to your ElegantJ BI for Tally Desktop App
- The user will be prompted to upgrade to SmartenApps for Tally.
Note: If the system does not provide a prompt, the user can download the new SmartenApps for Tally Desktop App from here and login with their existing account.
- Download SmartenApps for Tally - Mobile App from app stores and login with the same credentials that you used for ElegantJ BI for Tally Mobile App.
- Our world-class Support Teams are ready to help with any issue, question or topic.
Help is ALWAYS Available
How do I get support for SmartenApps for Tally?
Support is available 10 AM to 7:30 PM IST, Monday to Friday, except Indian public holidays.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - +91 97277 92021
Support Portal – tallysupport.smartenapps.com
Knowledgebase – Access to knowledgebase, forums and more, on support portal tallysupport.smartenapps.com
That’s all you need to know to install SmartenApps for Tally and configure it for use. If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team if you need assistance.
For more information on installing and configuring SmartenApps for Tally, see the article entitled, ‘SmartenApps for Tally Desktop App Installation and Configuration Guide'
Follow the instructions provided in the article entitled, ‘SmartenApps for Tally - Registration Process’ for detailed information on how to register and start using SmartenApps for Tally.